Windows 8 is the latest operating system in the line of Windows Operating systems by Microsoft. Against the event of a system crash, it’s advisable that you ready a recovery disk for the OS that you have installed. This would help you recover Windows 8 if it crashes due to some problem. Creating a recovery disk is pretty easy. These can be created on a DVD, USB drive, etc and these devices are very cost effective.
Creating a Windows 8 recovery disk is essential because it’s about the only way that ensures you don’t have to spend too much time getting the OS back up. That is, with a recovery disk, you can repair Windows 8 really easily. Here are some Windows 8 help guidelines on how to create a Windows 8 recovery disk easily.
- Go to the Windows Start screen and type Recovery into the main menu. Choose the Settings option to obtain the Recovery options.
- Select Create a recovery drive to begin the recovery drive tool. After options appear, check the box that says Copy the recovery partition from the PC to the recovery drive. This would mean that it would include all the tools in the recovery partition, which came with your PC into the recovery drive. If this option is unavailable it would mean that your system doesn’t have a recovery drive.
- To back up the entire recovery partition you will need a removable storage device of at least 16GB in size. Click on Next to continue backing up your recovery partition if that’s taken care of.
- Ensure that the recovery USB flash drive you are using is empty or doesn’t contain any data that is important. Any data that is present on the flash drive will be deleted by the Recovery drive tool.
- When you reach the end of the wizard, click the Create button and wait for a couple of minutes for the recovery drive to be created. Once it is finished it will show you a notification that backing up has completed. Press the Finish button and safely remove the USB flash drive.
Now if your system crashes you can boot with the USB recovery drive and do a refresh, a reset or a restore. You can even make a system image recovery, and an automatic repair.
If you have any more problems in backing up your system and would require Windows 8 help with fixing those, don’t hesitate to contact Windows support. They would definitely help you out with your problem and give you an apt solution.